Real Refuses - The Democratic Archibald 2012
After long hours of work, sweat and tears, finally I finished my Archibald painting. I am truely satisfied with the end result; but apparently the judges of the Archibald are not thinking the same way.. as my painting did not made into the Archibald 2012 this year.
I was deeply disappointed with the result.. and shut myself down for a few days... I did not want to talk to people, I did not want to give my comments on the Archibald finalist, yet alone the winner..
then, people started to ask about Real Refuses.. when is it?, are you going to be in the show this year too? As I was the winner of the last year's show, I was a bit reluctant to put my painting into Refuses this year.. but people kept asking and said they want to see the painting exhibited.. So I deceided to put my painting into the show again.. that was the last of the submission period...When I arrived at the gallery, I have to admit I was shocked by the quality and the number of the works on the wall. What a great difference from last year to this year.  
Yet, I got the First Prize of the Real Refuses 2012.. Two years in a row.